Town of Mocksville
1715. Clement Street, Mocksville, NC 27028
Tami Langdon: 336-753-6705
NOTE: 2022 PARADE ENTRIES ARE NOW CLOSED
Christmas Parade Details
Hometown Christmas Parade in Historic Downtown Mocksville:
- Saturday, December 3, 2022 ~ 2:00 pm
- Theme: Rocking Around the Christmas Tree
- Entry Deadline November 4, 2022 – NO LATE ENTRIES ACCEPTED
Parade Entry Forms
Please read this page including the Parade Fees and Regulations and then complete the entry form. You may complete the online form below and then mail your payment, or you may download and print the form here and mail the completed form with your check made payable to Town of Mocksville:
Town of Mocksville
171 South Clement Street Mocksville, NC 27028
If you have questions please contact Tami Langdon:
Your payment along with the complete and correct entry form must be received no later than Friday, November 4th by noon. Consideration will be given for line-up order on a first-come-first-served basis. No late entries will be accepted.
If you are completing the online form, you must submit your email so that you can be contacted directly with questions. Payment for your Entry Fees must be received before your place is reserved.
CATEGORY ENTRY FEE
- Business Entry $25.00
- Church Group $25.00
- Civic/Non-Profit Group $25.00
- School Group $20.00
- Single/ Individual Entry $10.00
- Horse Entry $10.00
- Food Vendors $15.00
- Additional charge for multiple vehicles $10 each
PRIZES: 1st = $75, 2nd = $50, 3rd = $25
PERFORMANCES: 1st = $75, 2nd = $50, 3rd = $25
Town of Mocksville Hometown Christmas Parade Rules
The parade will take place Saturday, December 3, 2022 at 2:00 p.m. ~ RAIN OR SHINE
Please read these rules as they are for the safety of all concerned!
1. ALCOHOL, FIREARMS, DRUGS OR MISCONDUCT WILL NOT BE PERMITTED! Firearms or weapons of any kind may NOT be used as props.
2. DISPENSING OF CANDY IS PERMITTED BY WALKERS ONLY to keep children from running into the street. Please do not throw candy from your ﬂoat or vehicle. THIS IS FOR SAFETY REASONS – PLEASE OBSERVE THIS RULE!
3. SANTAS are NOT permitted in parade except on ﬂoat sponsored by the Town of Mocksville.
4. ALL VENDORS MUST COMPLETE PARADE APPLICATION TO BE CONSIDERED. VENDORS WILL NOT BE PERMITTED TO SET-UP STANDS OR DISPLAYS during the festivities (unless approved by parade organizer).
5. SCHEDULE – The parade begins at 2:00 p.m. on Saturday, December 3rd. You may arrive at your designated location on as early as 1:00 PM but you should plan to arrive no later than 1:30 PM. Parents dropping oﬀ kids in Rich Park will be directed to park at Mocksville Elementary School and walk their children to their ﬂoat location in Rich Park. Limited through traﬃc will begin at 1:00 PM and the parade route streets (Main, Depot, Park, Poplar, etc) will be closed to ALL traﬃc by 1:15 PM so that the parade may start on me at 2:00 p.m. SHARP.
6. ENTRY NUMBERS – Each participant will be responsible for learning their assigned number. This number (including your lineup location) will be listed in a line-up printed in the Davie Enterprise-Record the week of the parade. A sign should be made, no less than 12” x 12” and be placed on the Left side. (NO SIGN, no judging!)
7. ASSIGNED LOCATIONS – Line-up areas include: RP – Rich Park for all entries unless otherwise notiﬁed – traﬃc in Rich Park will be ONE WAY ONLY for the safety of parade participants! Enter Rich Park from Cemetery Street only! MS –Main Street; CL – Church of Christ parking lot : CG – Clement Grove picnic grounds; PO – Poplar Street; HL – Hemlock Street. Your lineup location will be marked with a sign bearing your number. Your parade location assignment will be in The Davie Enterprise the week of the parade and posted here on the Town website.
8. ABSOLUTELY NO FOOD DELIVERIES WILL BE ALLOWED INSIDE RICH PARK. THE DROP POINT FOR ALL FOOD DELIVERIES WILL BE PARK AVENUE AT THE BACK PARKING LOT OF THE CHURCH OF CHRIST.
9. PARADE ROUTE – From the line-up in Rich Park, the parade will travel to Main Street, turning right on Main Street; proceeding south on Main Street to Depot Street; turning left on Depot Street to Railroad Street for dismantling. TO RETURN: Stay on Railroad Street to the Brock Performing Arts Center, crossing Main Street to Rich Park. YOU MUST FINISH THE PARADE ROUTE AND RETURN TO THE MASONIC PICNIC GROUNDS TO PICK UP PARADE PARTICIPANTS.
10. DISMANTLING – The oﬃcial end of the parade is at the intersection of Depot and Railroad Streets. Tractor-trailer entries will be REQUIRED to dismantle and unload at the end of Depot Street (you’ll be directed to vacant lots). Children on tractor-trailer entries will need to be picked up at the Masonic Picnic Grounds or Brock Performance Center. (Tractor-trailer entries will be permitted back on Poplar Street after the end of the parade.) All other entries will follow Poplar Street back to N. Main Street and proceed back to Rich Park for dismantling and unloading. Marching units should have their transport vehicles moved to the Masonic Picnic Grounds or Brock Center. ABSOLUTELY NO PICK UP OF PARADE PARTICIPANTS ON EAST DEPOT STREET – THAT IS STILL THE PARADE ROUTE.
11. DO NOT PASS any parade unit during the parade, unless car trouble has prohibited forward progress. If car trouble exists, pull oﬀ to the side of the street and a parade marshal will assist you.
The Town of Mocksville is NOT responsible for any accidents occurring before, during or after the parade.
Online Entry Form
Please complete this form in full. Send your payment in as requested above.