SURF Board Popsicle 5K – February 24th!
SURF Board Popsicle 5K – Saturday, February 24, 2024, 8:30-11 a.m.
Lace up your running shoes, and have a chillin’ good time while supporting a great cause — take part in the 12th Annual Popsicle 5k Run on Saturday, February 24th! All abilities are welcome. Not a runner? No worries! Walkers are welcome too!
The route begins at Mocksville Elementary across from Rich Park and goes through Mocksville and the Greenway. The Race kicks off at 8:30 a.m., with packet pick-up and on-site registration beginning at 7:15 am. Click here to register today.
The Popsicle 5K is a fun family event, with a variety of fun activities:
- Each participant receives a Raffle Ticket at packet pick up for a chance to win one of many great prizes.
- Come in your favorite winter costume. The most creative chilly costume will take home a prize.
- Brain Freeze Challenge – Each participant can choose to complete the Brain Freeze Challenge by eating a popsicle at the start, middle, and end of the race.
- Zero K – Do you want to support the Popsicle 5K or a friend who is a participant, but not interested in tackling the course yourself? No worries! Sign up at the door for the Zero K, and you don’t have to run an inch.
- Kids 8 and under who are not running will be entertained by SURF students while mom and dad run the race.
- There will be great food after the race, as well as prize opportunities.
The Golden SURF Board is back!
All Davie County Schools will have the opportunity for students and staff to compete in the Golden SURF Board! The Golden SURF Board 2024 will be awarded to the Davie County School that has the most participants from students and staff on race day. The winning school will get to display the Golden SURF Board at their school until the 2025 race. Which school will be the winner?
Price: $30.00 Race Fee + $2.80 SignUp Fee
Price: Zero K $20.00 + $2.20 SignUp Fee
Price increases to $35.00 after February 21, 2024, at 4:59 p.m. Registration closes at 4:59 p.m. on February 21, 2024, and reopens at 7 a.m. on race day. Click here to register today.
All participants must sign a waiver to participate. No pets are allowed on the course.
SURF Board ~ Empowering the Young People of Davie County
All proceeds from the Popsicle Run 5K support youth-led projects in Davie County! Organized under the Davie Community Foundation, the SURF (Students Understanding Real Futures) Board is a youth grant-making organization for high school-aged youth in Davie County. Each year SURF hosts a fundraiser to raise money to grant out in the spring. The proceeds from the Popsicle Run empower young people by supporting their projects through grants from SURF.
For more information about the Popsicle 5K or the SURF Board, contact the Davie Community Foundation at 336-753-6903, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.