October 14, 2022
Subject: Emergency Alerts – Enroll in Hyper-Reach
Dear Town of Mocksville Water-Sewer customer,
We recently had to issue a Boil Water Notice and many customers did not receive the information. The Town wants to keep our customers informed so we have partnered with Davie County to provide the Hyper-Reach notification system. It is very important that you understand how the system works so you will get emergency alerts using the method most likely to reach you.
There is a flyer attached to this letter that explains how to enroll. (download a copy below)
If you enrolled in Hyper-Reach through Davie County after July 2022 you do not have to take any further action. Please remember to update Hyper-Reach anytime the information you used when enrolling changes.
1. Traditional phone lines, also called landlines, are automatically added, but we are asking everyone to enroll to ensure your phone number matches your Davie County address.
2. We do not recommend using a phone number without voicemail or an answering machine because if you miss the Hyper-Reach calls you will not receive the message.
3. You can enroll to receive phone calls on landlines, phone calls and/or texts on mobile phones, email notifications and even alerts on your Alexa smart speaker.
4. You can enroll multiple phone numbers when you call. You can also enroll landlines, mobile phones and emails online. Please note that emails can only be enrolled online.
5. Town staff are available Monday – Friday 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. to help customers who have difficulty enrolling. Come by Town Hall or call 336-753-6700 for assistance.
Please understand that if you decide not to enroll in Hyper-Reach you will not be directly notified of important community safety alerts. The Town uses many methods to communicate important information to our residents and customers including the Town Facebook page, website, press releases to local media outlets and even messages on our main telephone line.
Hyper-Reach is the most reliable method of delivering Emergency Alerts because the customer provides up to date contact information and the method of communication most likely to reach them in case of an emergency.
Kenneth W. Gamble
Mocksville Town Hall
171 S. Clement Street
Mocksville, NC 27028
Phone (336) 753-6700