Gov. Roy Cooper announced in a press conference today that the Modified Stay-At-Home Order will end at 5 p.m. this Friday, February 26th.
Changes that come with the easing of the coronavirus restrictions include:
- No more curfew
- The gathering limit increases to 25 people indoors and 50 people outdoors
- Businesses will be able to operate at 50% capacity
- Bars, taverns, movie theaters, and indoor amusement centers can reopen at 30% capacity with a cap of 250 people.
- On-site alcohol service extended to 11 p.m.
- Outdoor businesses operating at 30% will no longer have a 100 person limit
- Indoor arenas that can hold more than 5,000 can operate at 15% capacity if safety protocols are followed.
The mask mandate will continue at this time and officials stressed that the easing of restrictions will only work if people practice the 3Ws and social distancing.
“Carelessness could lead to a backslide,” Cooper said.